As part of the Horticulture Transition Year Module, Rang De Hide were lucky to take part in a workshop hosted by visitor the school, Mr Paddy Madden, an environmentalist, scientist, educator and lecturer in Marino Institute of Education. Paddy discussed and demonstrated the science involved in Horticulture and showed the students how to test soil and make their own bio-degradable pots in which each student planted a pea, as well as demonstrating how to make a wigwam out of bamboo for the pea shoots to grow up along. Paddy also discussed with the students their hopes for CCC’s first school garden and advised on the best way to go about it. It was a very enjoyable visit from a very knowledgeable and pleasant man and we hope to have him back to the school in the near future!
Select a News Category
- Uniform Sale in aid of Pieta House 10 June, 2018
- El viaje escolar a Madrid 2018 13 April, 2018
- Plant Sale 2018 13 April, 2018
- Rescheduled Festival of Music 2018 6 March, 2018
- CCC Parents’ Association Drugs & Social Media Talk 2018 3 March, 2018