As part of the Horticulture Transition Year Module, Rang De Hide were lucky to take part in a workshop hosted by visitor the school, Mr Paddy Madden, an environmentalist, scientist, educator and lecturer in Marino Institute of Education. Paddy discussed and demonstrated the science involved in Horticulture and showed the students how to test soil and make their own bio-degradable pots in which each student planted a pea, as well as demonstrating how to make a wigwam out of bamboo for the pea shoots to grow up along. Paddy also discussed with the students their hopes for CCC’s first school garden and advised on the best way to go about it. It was a very enjoyable visit from a very knowledgeable and pleasant man and we hope to have him back to the school in the near future!
Select a News Category
- Congratulations to Leaving Cert and Junior Cert Student 2017 15 September, 2017
- Parent’s Association AGM 14 September, 2017
- Adult Education Autumn Brochure 2017 27 June, 2017
- Parent Newsletter – Summer 2017 22 June, 2017
- Grants Pop Up Uniform Shop 2017 7 June, 2017